Rebecca McBride, Director
Central Offender Records is primarily responsible for calculating offenders' sentences and release dates. This unit houses and controls all active and inactive institutional and probation/parole offender records. This unit has the overall responsibility of monitoring sex offender registration and victim notifications for the department as required by the Delaware Code. Central Offender Records is tasked with providing records retention for the department, as well as working closely with IT to ensure the accuracy of information provided for statistical purposes.
General activities include the following:
- Calculate offender sentences and prepare releases as ordered by the Courts.
- Provide list of offender court transport list to facilities.
- Update offender legal files with appropriate documentation.
- Monitor and register sex offenders.
- Ensure victims notifications occur and report annually in support of the Victims' Bill of Rights.
- Coordinate warrants and extradition with other states or jurisdictions.
- Manage records retention for the Department.
- Communicate with Courts and criminal justice stakeholders.